- Either click on the following link or open your browser and navigate to https://notebooks.azure.com/reagan/projects/structural-dynamics.
- Click on on the upper right corner and login using your UC Live account credentials.
- Click on the button above the search bar to copy all the notebooks into your own account.
- In the window that opens, click on the button.
- Note the User ID of your account shown on the upper right corner of the page. If your account was not originally associated with a User ID, you may have been assigned a temporary User ID. If you were assigned a temporary User ID, you can choose to change it by clicking on the link just below it.
- Note that if you try to open a notebook without signing in and cloning the project, you will only be able to view the notebook, and not actually run it.
- Open your browser and navigate to , where is the User ID you noted the first time you accessed the notebooks. You could bookmark this page for easier access in the future.
- Click the link in the upper right corner of the page and sign in using your UC Live credentials if you aren't already signed in.
- Open any of the (identified by an extension) by clicking on it.
- The contains code written in the programming language, which is very similar to in a number of respects. To run the code, from the menu, choose .
- The sliders and plot should appear at the bottom of the page after a few seconds. If the plot appears to be too small at first, choosing from the menu again should make the plot bigger. Try adjusting the sliders corresponding to different parameters to see the effect they have on the response.
- The animated response of a lollipop SDOF system can be viewed by clicking the toggle button. The animation will take a short while to load after clicking the button.
- To close the , from the menu, choose .
May 20, 2019